I set the groundwork for understanding the red pill in Part 1, now we are diving straight into the red pill in Part 2. My hope is that you will gain a little more understanding of the red pill universe in this article. See you on the other side.
As you begin to read into the manosphere you will see there is a very particular jargon that is used. Often, for those who are unfamiliar, it’s difficult to understand what is being said because of all the abbreviations and acronyms being used. I set out to make a bit of a cheat sheet for the first bit, however this is not an all inclusive list. This should help get you going.
Red Pill Terminology:
These are my definitions, obviously there isn’t a consensus.
- The Red Pill – It’s why you are reading this
- Sexual Market Value – Your objective value to the opposite gender as compared to your competition. Think scale of 1-10.
- Sexual Marketplace – The sexual market where men and women are judged by others.
- Alpha Male
- The jerkboy, the guy all girls want to be with, and all guys want to be like. He is a natural leader, oozing with charisma and personality.
- Beta Male/AFC
- Average Frustrated Chump – Most other men fall into this category, they are the providers, the yes men, the ones who do whatever anyone else asks despite negative outcomes.
- These are the men who have “opted out” of the sexual marketplace, great example are the herbivores of japan.
- Men Going Their Own Way – These men are playing to their own tune – not seeking out relationships with women and striving to blaze their own path in life.
- Alpha Fucks / Beta Bucks – This term refers to the dualistic mating strategy that women have – desiring the passion with an Alpha Male, but desiring the stability and security of a Beta’s Bucks (money/security/familiarity). Most Married men.
- Plates/Spinning plates
- Having multiple partners at a time, ie dating several people. By the way dating=fucking.
- Long Term Relationship
- All Women Are Like That – Everyone wants to think “their” woman isn’t like that, “she would never cheat, MY girl is different”, “She loves it when I hang out with other women.” No she isn’t, No she doesn’t, AWALT.
- My girl isn’t like that she is super amazing, she is so rare she is a special snowflake, different than all the rest. She is as real as a Unicorn.
- Some refer to this as a soulmate, the ONE and ONLY person I could possibly be happy with, therefore I’ll do ANYTHING to keep her.
- This term is HUGE – books have been written about it. But to shorten it down it’s the sexual tension/attraction/interactions between people and the rules that apply to those situations.
- A (beta) man caught in the gravity of a female. She feeds him crumbs and uses him like an emotional tampon, he thinks if I keep this up I’ll earn her attraction. The Friend Zone.
- Briffault’s Law
- The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.
- Rationalization hamster
- Women need to rationalize their actions and have plausible deniability for her actions. ie. Regret the one night stand you just had? It must have been rape.
- Woman is always evaluating if you’re her best bet. Dualistic Mating Strategy. AF/BB.
- Natural order is: God->Man->Woman->Child->Animals Love flows from left to right. Respect flows from right to left. Woman just can’t empathize with being a Man.
What To Get Out of TRP Theory
What does any of this mean? Why do I care about any of it? Well, no matter who you are it does matter. One of my sons loves playing board games with his siblings, however he likes to play by his own rules at times. So technically he is playing the same game as his siblings, however he does not progress like the others do and in turn he gets very frustrated and angry and will quit. I witnessed this the other night when they were playing Risk. The next day he asked to play again but by the official rules and had a great time.
We can draw parallels with TRP theory.
No matter what you think EVERYONE is in the game. You can either choose to learn the rules and play, or be angry trying to forge your own rules. The problem is that the rules aren’t written down (except for here, it’s written here) and you have to be very careful who to listen to. Western society, feminism, and popular media all have an agenda. Draw your own conclusions. Is the status quo working for you? Do you desire more?
Where You Are Coming From Will Determine Your End Point
Married – You are already in an established relationship, you most likely aren’t looking to have one night stands with random women. If you are, do yourself and your wife a favor and end the marriage. In general married men that seek out and digest the red pill are often found in the r/deadbedrooms sub. By the way that is a very sad slice of humanity in there. People giving more of the bullshit advice that caused the decline of the relationship in the first place. It’s worth a gander though. I recommend unhappy married men look instead at Dread game.
Single – If you don’t have a girlfriend currently and you want one but find it difficult to keep a girls interest, you are coming from a totally different place than the married man. You may want to start here and read the sidebar (right side). Basically you work on making yourself a better man, be selfish, identify problems and fix them, read great books, find your purpose. This is a long journey where you need to learn a woman isn’t the goal, she is a partner to enjoy the ride with.
What The Red Pill is NOT
Some will say that the red pill is full of woman haters and those seeking to take advantage of women. While those people do exist, they do not speak for the community. Instead the theme is improving yourself first. Realign your priorities, don’t make women the priority, at least in the near term. Make YOURSELF the priority.
Elements of The Red Pill
I highly recommend our guest article on Shit Tests here, or check out an Encyclopedia of shit tests to get you started. But in short, a shit test is something a woman does for emotional stimulation to a man she has interest in. She is trying to discern his social ability and ascertain her status according to where she perceives yours.
Example: (from Way of the Superior Man, by David Deida)
“Perhaps you have been working toward some financial goal, and finally you have succeeded. After months or years of effort, you have creatively earned a large amount of money. You feel happy, full, and successful. You feel great. You come home to your woman and want to share the news with her. “I just made a million dollars today.” “That’s nice.” “That’s nice!!?? You know how hard I’ve been working for this.” “I know. It feels like I haven’t seen you in months. Did you remember to pick up the milk on the way home?” “Oh, sorry I forgot. But who cares? We could buy a dairy farm now?” “I asked you to pick up the milk three times this morning, and I put a note on your briefcase. How could you forget?” “I said I’m sorry. Look, I’ll go get the damn milk…” Why is she being this way? Because she simply wants to deflate your success? No. She is challenging you because your success doesn’t mean shit to her, unless you are free and loving. And if you are free and loving, nothing she says can collapse you. She wants to feel you are uncollapsable, so she pokes you in your weak spot. Of course she knows how much this moment of success means to you. This is precisely why she is negating it. Not because she wants to hurt you. But because she wants to feel Shiva. She wants to feel your strength. She wants to feel that your happiness is not dependent on her response, nor on you making a million dollars. She wants to feel you are a superior man.”
The above man is often how men act, defensive and butt hurt. Did that increase her attraction to him? How should he have responded? One answer: “Grab her tight and say, you want some cream, I’ll give you some cream.”
These are related to shit tests, however instead of measuring your social status, she is trying to measure her value to you. She is trying to determine possible or ongoing longevity with you. Your goal in these interactions is to dispel her fears and demonstrate her importance to you.
Example: She displays an insecurity, and possibly overtly states she isn’t pretty enough for you.
If you treat this like a shit test and demean her further, you won’t be doing yourself or her any favors. A good response would be something like “Nobody is good enough for me. But I’ve chosen you.” (An Illimitableman classic.) It’s cocky but playful.
Men and women have very different strategies for mating. It’s been said that men are the gatekeepers of attention and women are the gatekeepers of sex. Each gender wanting what the other has. Thus the orbiters are giving women what they desire (attention) without having to reciprocate with sex. It’s a win win situation for the girl, and a lose lose situation for the orbiter.
I was just listening to music as I was writing this and these lyrics popped into my brain with a vengeance.
I can be your new favorite waste of time, and you’ll be mine
All I want is your attention, it’s all the same thing
Are you in? What’s it gonna be?
Don’t roll with the punches, make it hard for me baby
Don’t judge me by my music choice, great beats are good to write to.
Dualistic Mating Strategy
Women have a dualistic strategy when it comes to their partners. They are attracted to the Alpha bad boy and they will gladly go along with all of his whims just to have some of his precious attention. However they know this kind of man will not stay committed to her. So she seeks a man who will be a good provider, a good father, stable, all the things that make the vagina as dry as the Sahara desert.
These men don’t know why she never wants to have sex, always is “too tired” has “a headache” or is “too busy.” If a woman is able to snag an Alpha male, she will slowly, and often subconsciously, try to destroy those alpha qualities and enhance the beta qualities. This way no other woman will be attracted to him. What she doesn’t realize is that is is destroying her own attraction as well.
The biggest component of the red pill is self improvement. Often in posts people will comment “lift, read the sidebar, ingest the red pill, then comment.” Another term is “Monk mode” where you become a hermit for many months, ingesting the content you need to, and just working on yourself. That really is key – if you don’t look out for you, as a man, no one else will. Just imagine walking down the street and seeing a man sitting on the sidewalk, sobbing. Just uncontrollable, lip sucking, tears streaming sobbing. What is your visceral reaction? Disgust? How many people stop to help him? Very few I’d bet. Now flip that to a woman, different reaction? Definitely. That isn’t fair is it? But that’s what this is about, suck it up and move on, no one gives two fucks about you as a man. YOU have to handle yourself.
I hope this helped getting you started toward your red pill journey. Here are a few other resources below for even more reading.
As always, Stay Superior!