Atomic Habits 2018 by James Clear
If you’re having trouble changing your habits, the problem isn’t you. The problem is your system. Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don’t want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change. You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems. Here, you’ll get a proven system that can take you to new heights.
Atomic Habits will reshape the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits – whether you are a team looking to win a championship, an organization hoping to redefine an industry, or simply an individual who wishes to quit smoking, lose weight, reduce stress, or achieve any other goal.
We’re very excited to announce our books “Sexual Magnetism,” “The WASM Dating Handbook” and “Secrets of Sensual Massage” are now available!
- Follow these links to get your copies of “Sexual Magnetism,” “The WASM Dating Handbook” and “Secrets of Sensual Massage” on Amazon.com.
Want more great books? Check out our MUST READ LIST!
Overview of Atomic Habits
- A very brief description of “Atomic Habits”
- James Clear, one of the world’s leading experts on habit formation, reveals practical strategies that will teach you exactly how to form good habits, break bad ones, and master the tiny behaviors that lead to remarkable results.
- What Clear sets out to do / Purpose of the book
- To reshape the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits
- What challenges/problems does it attempt to solve?
- To help you to overcome any problem and achieve any goal!
- The intended audience of the book / Who will benefit most
- Anyone who loves self improvement
- Anyone who is stuck with a problem they can’t overcome
- Anyone who wants to change: AKA anyone who feels they are fat, lazy, broke, lonely, unproductive, depressed, etc.
- Anyone who needs a good coach to help them get to the next level
- Who probably WON’T like “Atomic Habits”
- People with a victim mentality
- People who aren’t willing to think long-term
- People who aren’t willing to do any work to change
- Masochists who secretly enjoy the fact that their life sucks
- How does this book specifically benefit Men?
- As leaders, it is our job as men to have every tool we can to accomplish the goals we need to help ourselves, our families and our community. This book gives you a tremendous psychological toolset to accomplish those goals.
- Is this book Easy, Average or Difficult to read? / How long is it?
- Easy to read, satisfying to practice
- Print: 296 pages – About 4-5 hours
- Audio: 5h35min
- What are the overall book reviews? / Is the book well-known? Popular? Significant?
- 54,364 ratings, 4.8 stars
- The most famous book in the world about making – and changing – habits
- Kindle & Paperback
- #1 in Self-Help
- #1 in Social Psychology & Interactions
- #1 in Organizational Behavior
- #1 in Personal Success
- #1 in Popular Social Psychology & Interactions
- #1 in Medical Social Psychology & Interactions
- 54,364 ratings, 4.8 stars
- Book-To-Movie Translation
- All movies about sports … especially the montage sequences
Short bio of James Clear
- Very few details about James Clear
- Unknown how old Clear is…one website says he was 33 back in 2019 which would make him 35 now.
- Here’s some self-reported facts about his life:
- He’s the author of the international bestselling book, Atomic Habits.
- Over 5 million copies sold worldwide.
- Creator of jamesclear.com and the popular 3-2-1 weekly newsletter.
- Over 1,000,000 email subscribers.
- More than 10 million visitors per year to jamesclear.com.
- He’s a weightlifter and (former) athlete.
- In college, he was an ESPN Academic All-American as a baseball pitcher.
- Best deadlift — 501 lbs (227 kg)
- Best squat — 425 lbs (192 kg)
- Best bench — 305 lbs (138 kg)
Table of Contents / Themes
- Atomic = Small – not like atomic bomb
- Compound Interest of time + energy
- Habits are the small things that we do thousands of times that become massive over a period of months and years
- Goals vs Systems
- If you want better results, then forget about setting goals. Focus on your system instead.
- Goals vs Identity
- The most effective way to change your habits is to focus not on what you want to achieve, but on who you wish to become.
- How Habits Work
- Cue -> Craving -> Response -> Reward
- The Four Laws of Behavior Change
- Simple set of rules we can use to build better habits.
- (1) make it obvious, (2) make it attractive, (3) make it easy, and (4) make it satisfying.
- Our environment is the invisible hand that shapes human behavior.
- Change your environment and you will change your behavior